February 2021 Amazon Alexa Checking Promotion
These are the Official Rules for Summit Credit Union’s (“SCU”) 2021 Amazon Alexa Checking Promotion (“Promotion”)
NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT OPENING OR LOAN IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE, OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OBTAINING A LOAN WITH SCU WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of this Promotion is Summit Credit Union, PO Box 8046, Madison, WI 53708-8046.
- Terms and Conditions: By entering the Promotion, you fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of SCU as final and binding as it relates to the Promotion. You agree that SCU shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and you agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by SCU, or its designee. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entering the Promotion are eighteen years of age or older. All entrants must be natural persons. No entries from business entities accepted. Employees of SCU, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, siblings, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion begins on February 15, 2021 at 12:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) and ends on March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Promotion Period”). Only one entry per person is allowed, unless debit card opened with new checking account, then two entries will be allowed.
- How to Enter – No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. There are Two Methods of Entry: During the Promotion period, you may enter by:
- Automatic Entry. You will automatically receive one Promotion entry when you open a new checking account at Summit Credit Union (SCU) during the Promotion Period. The automatic Promotion entry will be submitted in the name of the primary account holder. An extra entry will be given if a debit card is opened at the same time as the checking account is opened.
- Mail Entry. You will receive one Promotion entry when you complete a 3x5 index card with your complete name, age, address, phone number and email address at any Summit Credit Union branch. Maximum of one 3x5 card entry per person. Entries must be received before 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2021.
- Prize: One winner will be selected by random drawing held on or about April 12, 2021 from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. The winner will be notified no later than April 19, 2021 via telephone. If the winner does not respond by May 5, 2021, another winner will be drawn. One grand prize winner will receive an Amazon Alexa device, cash value $250, and an Amazon Prime Membership for life. Maximum retail value $10,008.00. Winner’s age will be subtracted from 100 then multiplied by the current Amazon Prime annual fee of $119.00. This will be added to $250 (cost of Amazon Alexa device) to calculate grand prize amount. The prize is non-transferable and prize substitution will not be allowed. Winner responsible for any increase of annual Amazon Prime membership.
- Taxes. The prize is considered taxable income, and winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. The winner will be required to sign and return a Form W-9 as a condition to receiving the prize. If the selected winner fails to return a completed and executed Form W-9 within [fourteen] days after receipt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form reflecting the amount they receive as a prize.
- Other Requirements. The winner may, at SCU’s discretion, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, additional release of liability, and, where lawful, an additional publicity consent agreement. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- Release and Hold Harmless. By entering THIS PROMOTION, you agree to release and hold harmless SCU, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the Promotion, or resulting from acceptance and/or use of any prize, travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in this Promotion, and from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage.
- Disqualification. SCU reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or any laws.
- Applicable Law. Any dispute arising from this Promotion will be determined according to the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and by entering the Promotion, you fully consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Dane County, Wisconsin and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
- Winner Information. For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope with a written request for information on the winner of this contest to: Summit Credit Union, PO Box 8046, Madison, WI 53708-8046.
For more information, call 800-236-5560 or write us at:
Summit Credit Union
PO Box 8046
Madison, WI 53708-8046