Welcome, Former Commerce Customers!
Your former financial institution, Commerce, is legally Summit Credit Union, as of October 1. But things will feel pretty much the same for you right now! Skim the info below for anything you need to know. And if you’d like to see why our teams are such a great fit, check this out:
You’re going to LOVE what Summit has to offer.
Over the last year, Summit members saved an average of $291 per household.1
And we can’t wait to see what we can do for you! Here’s a sneak peek:
Free Checking and Student Free Checking, credit cards with rewards or cash back, more ways to build wealth, more mortgage options (still serviced locally), and more branch access.
More added value
Lower fees (more savings for you!), an annual cash give-back2 for saving and borrowing with us, and free financial education to meet any goal.
Your funds stay insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, part of the Federal Government.
Key changes & other important info
Account changes will be minimal and at a benefit to you. There’s nothing you need to do right now, so just continue to:
- Use the same checks, debit cards and any other former Commerce products you have.
- Visit the same former Commerce locations. They remain open and available to you, including the staff you’re familiar with! We’ll ultimately get you access to all Summit branches, so watch for updates on this.
October 1, 2022
As the former Commerce is now officially Summit Credit Union, you will notice these differences:
- THE SUMMIT NAME AND LOGO – Inside and outside the former Commerce branches, signs have started switching to Summit Credit Union. You may also start seeing the Summit name and logo on communications you receive.
- NEW SOCIAL MEDIA – Posts to former Commerce social media accounts have stopped, but we’d love you to follow Summit Credit Union on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and TikTok for events, specials and other updates.
- CHANGES TO BUSINESS ACCOUNTS ONLY – Former Commerce customers with business accounts should have received an info packet in September with details about changes that took effect October 1. If you're a business customer and did not get this packet or have questions, reach out to any of the four former Commerce locations (see contact numbers below).
Note there are no changes for personal accounts at this time.
Early March 2023
Former Commerce customers with personal accounts will get an info packet with everything they need to know about changes as of April 1, 2023.
WANT ACCESS SOONER to all of your Summit membership advantages, services and locations? Schedule an appointment at one of the branches below and we can help get you switched over now!