Our community goal is to support local organizations that drive inclusion and equity, and to provide them the resources they need to fulfill their missions.
How We Support Our Communities
Work with Latino Chamber of Commerce
Our partnership supports Latino-owned businesses in and around Madison by backing programming that highlights those businesses and provides access to important financial resources.
Membership to LGBT Chamber of Commerce
As a gold founding member, we network with other members to share best practices around inclusive workplaces and provide support to the chamber as it advocates for full inclusion across the state.
Membership to Sustain Dane
As corporate partners of Sustain Dane, we are able to connect with organizations and individuals that are passionate about local environmental health and driving social well-being.
Empowering Women & Promoting Wellness
We are committed to helping women achieve their dreams and support holistic wellness. We show this in many ways, from our different Money Smarts programs to sponsoring events like the Women’s Leadership Summit by Madison365 and Black Women's Wellness Day.
We provide employees with up to eight hours of paid volunteer time – that's nearly 6,000 volunteer hours per year. This opens the door for them to give back in the way that they find most meaningful.
Community Organization & Event Sponsorships
In addition to community partnerships and memberships, we provide financial support to organizations and nonprofits that share our community vision. Here are a few examples of organizations our Community Giving committee has supported:
- Asset Builders of America, Inc., Wisconsin
- The Center for Black Excellence and Culture, Madison
- Girls on the Run, South Central Wisconsin
- Goodman Community Center, Madison
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Dane County
- UW Foundation – Odyssey Project, Madison
- Women & Girls Fund of Waukesha County, Waukesha County
- YWCA, Madison, Rock County
Our Work Is Never Done
- We're seeking membership to new diverse organizations that support different communities Summit serves.
- We're providing more focused partnerships with Madison-area high schools.
Equity is our goal
At Summit, we believe our work on diversity, equity and inclusion will continue for many years. We see it as a constant process that will make us better in our hiring practices and the services we offer.
We welcome your comments and questions, and we invite you to reach out to our manager of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are eager to share our plans to build a diverse and inclusive workplace on our path to equity. Your feedback will make us better.