Construction & Land Loans
Construction loan, land loan, lot loan – lots of options here and lots of experience too. Sure feels good to work with someone who knows this process in and out and can help you think it through. We can't wait to hear your plans!
Build With the Right Construction Loan. And Team.
- Build out that blueprint exactly the way you imagined — hello, perfect home
- Secure the corner lot that will turn into so much more
- Purchase your own piece of land for recreational purposes
For when you're building your home. You can start the process and make progress on your plans with:
- A typical down payment of just 10%
- A great, low rate
- Just one closing for both the construction loan and your post-construction mortgage
- Local service for the life of the loan
How They Work
There are two components to a construction loan – the time during construction (also known as the draw period) and the time after construction (the permanent mortgage loan period). Here's how it all works.
- As work is completed, and when you agree a contractor should be paid, we'll release the funds to the title company to pay your contractor
- You're only responsible for interest payments on your loan at this time
- Your construction loan transitions into a permanent mortgage loan (your payments will reflect the interest rate at the time of your original loan application)
- It will automatically be a Summit adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) loan, but in some cases you can opt to apply for a fixed-rate mortgage loan
Special Documentation & Approvals
To make sure that you qualify for a construction loan, in addition to the paperwork and documents required for a typical mortgage, Summit will need to review the following from your builder:
- Project plans and specifications
- Construction contract
- Construction cost breakdown
For any other questions about the process, you can talk with a Summit Mortgage Loan Officer.
|Term (up to)||Rate||Annual Percentage Rate|
5/1 ARM Construction**
7/1 ARM Construction**
15/15 ARM Construction**
For when you've found the perfect spot for your future home on up to 10 acres. You can get an adjustable-rate lot loan to keep monthly payments low while you're planning out the construction process.
For when you've found the ideal plot of land – up to 125 acres – for hunting, exploring or a bit of privacy. You can get a competitive adjustable-rate term to make it yours.