When financial aid isn’t enough, get the help you need from Summit.
If you’re looking for an affordable option to fill the gap between you and your financial aid package, count on a private student loan from Summit.
Education could be the key to your best tomorrows
And the best student loans from Summit can help make it happen.
We’ve partnered with Student Choice, to provide you with student loans that can help make it happen.
Get amazing support and loads of helpful educational tools and resources that make it easy to plan for college, find your best-fit loan and get the help you need to make repayment as seamless as possible.
Make college happen. Let's do it, together.
Private Student Loan
Higher education is expensive. Tuition, books, computers and room & board. It all adds up – and it adds up fast! If there’s a gap between your financial aid package and the cost of your education, count on an affordable, private student loan from Summit to help you fill it.
View student loan rates.
how student loans work
A student loan from Summit means:
- No fees. Summit doesn’t charge you anything to set up your loan (no origination fee) and there’s no penalty if you pay the loan off early.
- Great student loan rates. See how we compare to other lenders.
- An easy, one-time application. You can get approved for all the money you need to finish your degree at one time – instead of having to re-apply every year.*
- You won’t have to make payments while you’re still in school.
- Flexible repayment terms. Summit will help you set up a payment plan that you can afford.
Student Loans Made Easy
Apply online or call 800-236-5560.
Decide if you need a cosigner.
Review and choose your payment options.
Sign and accept your loan.
Have questions about the application or any of these steps? Summit’s student loan experts are here to help. Get in touch today.
To apply for a loan you need to be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 18 or older
- Enrolled in an eligible school at least half-time
- Pursuing a degree program
Think you won’t qualify for a loan on your own?
Apply with a co-signer who has a good credit rating. This can help you get the loan you need and could help you get it at a better interest rate. That means you’ll have lower loan payments and owe a lower total amount.
When it’s time to repay the loan, make your payments on time for at least 24 months in a row, and you might be able to have the co-signer’s name taken off the loan.
Looking for scholarships and assistance filling out the FAFSA?
Looking for scholarships? Struggling to fill out the FAFSA®? Check out Going Merry. As a Summit member you can use Going Merry’s FAFSA Made Easier software – absolutely free (a $100 value!).
The FAFSA is your key to thousands of dollars in government grants and college financial aid, so it’s important to fill it out correctly. Going Merry’s software walks you through every question. Plus, you can get on-demand support via web chat, text message and email from their knowledgeable financial aid advisors.