The more you Learn the more you can Earn.
We know it’s not easy to get through school without financial assistance, and we're here to help.
In School Private Student LoansA private student loan from Summit can help you pay for education expenses not covered by your financial aid package, while in school. You can borrow as little as $2,000 or as much as the cost of attendance per academic year.* Qualified school expenses include tuition, books, computers, room and board.Here’s how Student Loans works
Here's who can apply
- Summit can help make getting your loan and making your payments as easy on you as possible.
- No origination fee (in other words, no charge just for creating the loan)
- Low interest rates, including fixed and variable rate options • Flexible, lower monthly payment options because Summit offers longer terms than most lenders
- Low monthly payments while you study
- Six-month grace period after leaving school before full interest and principal payments begin
- Option for reduced payments or interest-only payments for up to two years after graduation
- Summit Credit Union membership benefits, including Student Free Checking, online banking and Summit’s app with mobile deposit
To be considered for a private student loan, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident age 18 or older, plus be enrolled in an eligible school at least half-time and pursuing a degree program.
Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may increase your chance for approval and may lead to a lower rate. Cosigners may be released from the loan after 24 consecutive months of on-time principal and interest payments.
Consolidation LoansA consolidation loan keeps things simple because you’ll only be making one monthly payment. You also may be able to lower your interest rate and save a bunch of money – a little every month and a lot over the long run.
STUDENT LOAN REFINANCEWant to lower your monthly student loan payment? Refinance your loan from another lender and save!
|180 Months||Variable, based on 3-Month LIBOR and may increase after loan consummation, subject to floor rate of 2.99%.||5.31% - 10.81% (5.20% APR - 10.13% APR)||
|120 Months||Fixed||6.5% - 12.25% (6.27% APR - 11.21% APR)||
|240 Months||Variable, based on 3-Month LIBOR and may increase after loan consummation, subject to floor rate of 2.99%.||5.31% - 10.81% (5.31% APR - 10.81% APR)||
|180 Months||Fixed||6.5% - 12.25% (6.50% APR - 12.25% APR)||