Education could be the key to your best tomorrows
And the best student loans from Summit can help make it happen.
We’ve partnered with Student Choice, to provide you with student loans that can help make it happen.
Get amazing support and loads of helpful educational tools and resources that make it easy to plan for college, find your best-fit loan and get the help you need to make repayment as seamless as possible.
Private Student Loan
Higher education is expensive. Tuition, books, computers and room & board. It all adds up – and it adds up fast! If there’s a gap between your financial aid package and the cost of your education, count on an affordable, private student loan from Summit to help you fill it.
how student loans work
A student loan from Summit means:
- No fees. Summit doesn’t charge you anything to set up your loan (no origination fee) and there’s no penalty if you pay the loan off early.
- Great student loan rates. See how we compare to other lenders.
- An easy, one-time application. You can get approved for all the money you need to finish your degree at one time – instead of having to re-apply every year.*
- You won’t have to make payments while you’re still in school.
- Flexible repayment terms. Summit will help you set up a payment plan that you can afford.
To apply for a loan you need to be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- 18 or older
- Enrolled in an eligible school at least half-time
- Pursuing a degree program
Think you won’t qualify for a loan on your own?
Apply with a co-signer who has a good credit rating. This can help you get the loan you need and could help you get it at a better interest rate. That means you’ll have lower loan payments and owe a lower total amount.
When it’s time to repay the loan, make your payments on time for at least 24 months in a row, and you might be able to have the co-signer’s name taken off the loan.
Make college happen. Let's do it, together.
Before Classes Start
How can you cover your child’s future college costs? Saving early (and often) may be the key for most families. Here are some college savings vehicles to consider.