Privacy, Security and Accessibility
Protecting Your Privacy
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us -- we are here to serve you!
Web Site Security
Summit Credit Union uses 128-bit encryption for all transactions completed via our Web site, which provides the highest level of security and privacy available. We also employ a secure firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our network.
When you visit www.summitcreditunion.com, we do collect anonymous statistics to help us measure the performance of the site, such as: the day and date of the visit, the Internet service provider, which browsers visitors use, and how many hits our pages receive. Credit Union uses consumer data, including but not limited to non-personally identifiable information such as cookies, IP addresses, and mobile advertising identifiers, as applicable, to perform matching with third party cookies to provide targeted marketing. We don't collect any personal information about your usage unless you provide it to us via a loan or membership application, to reorder checks, or for other services.
If you have any questions about the security and privacy of our web site, please contact us.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Accuracy of Data Contained in Web Sites Linked to SCU's Web Site
By clicking onto any link on this Web site, the user specifically acknowledges that the credit union is not liable in any way with respect to the user's use of any information gained through this Web site, and that the risk of injury from any use of the information rests entirely with the user. The user specifically acknowledges that the credit union is not liable for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users, links or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user. This disclaimer of liability also applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, or negligence or under any other theory or cause of action.
Use of this Web site and information herein to send faxes and e-mail to Summit Credit Union and its employees for solicitation purposes is prohibited.
Summit Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is as accessible as our branches and services. We are currently in the process to implement the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
There is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG but we have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility, not limited to but including physical tests using screenreaders and keyboard only. If you find a part of the site that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG or are having difficulty getting the information you need, please use one of the methods below to let us know so that we can rectify it.
- Contact us by phone at (800) 236-5560
- Contact us via email: MemberService@summitcreditunion.com
We are dedicated in our efforts to comply with WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards by resolving current and future unforeseen issues with accessibility on existing pages as well as new pages within the Summit Credit Union website.
- Summit Credit Union strives to make every page accessible to users but cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors or is under review. As such Summit Credit Union does not claim full site-wide Conformance, instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. Summit Credit Union cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets.
- Summit Credit Union has used WCAG guidelines for conformance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the conformance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- Summit Credit Union chose to use WCAG for conformance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes the guidelines for the Internet, worldwide.
- Summit Credit Union uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C's position that there is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible.
* THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE