It’s Your Career. Own It!
Ready to be part of something bigger? Want a job that’s more than a paycheck and delivers plenty of opportunities to grow professionally and give back to your community? You've found it with Summit Credit Union.
Summit wants to help you own your best future!
We offer employees a wide variety of tools and support to help you - and your loved ones too.
- STUDENT LOAN PAYBACK. Your education helped prepare you for a great career at Summit. This is our way to say “thank you” for making that investment.
- 401K, with company match and a defined benefit plan. Summit’s generous program puts you on track for a successful retirement. And don’t leave retirement money on the table - be sure to take advantage of our match!
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT. Looking to expand skills for your current role, or training to tackle a new assignment at Summit? We support your professional development with substantial tuition assistance.
- DEPENDENT TUITION REIMBURSEMENT. We believe in the importance of family and here’s the proof: generous tuition reimbursement options for dependents.
- FLEX SPENDING. Childcare and healthcare are expensive. These tax-advantaged accounts can be a great way to manage a variety of medical expenses.
- SHORT- AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE. This coverage protects your income in the event of an accident or illness and can mean peace of mind for anyone who depends on your earnings.
- LIFE INSURANCE. We want to help you be there for your loved ones, no matter what the future holds.
Summit encourages a healthy work/life balance.
We believe paid time off (PTO) is an important part of a healthy life.
- 15 days of accrued PTO (Full-time, non-management employees)
- 20 days of accrued PTO (Full-time, management employees)
- 7.5 days of paid holidays
PTO is prorated for the first year of employment. And you’ll earn additional PTO based on years of service.
PLUS! You’ll also receive THESE DAYS OFF:
- Your birthday. Happy Birthday to Y-O-U! Enjoy your day off paid!
- Veterans Day. We’re proud to have employees who serve our country. To honor their service, veterans receive a paid day off on Veterans Day.
Your emotional and physical wellbeing are important to Summit
We offer a full range of resources and support to help you live a healthy, balanced life and experience true wellness in every way.
Be Intellectually Well
- Center For Professional Development (CPD) - Training and web-based learning tools for all employees
- Resource lending library
- Leadership Academy and Project LEAD
- Emerging leaders training
Be Physically Well
- Walking treadmill work stations
- Health assessment and screenings
- Smoking cessation resources
- Fitness challenges
- 24/7 fitness center, yoga studio, including shower and locker room
- Onsite and virtual fitness classes
- Be Well Café
- Summit sponsored bikes
- Sand volleyball court
Be Socially Well
- Company-sponsored events
- Paid volunteer time
- United Way challenges/fundraisers
- Community events
Be Environmentally Well
- Clean air properties
- E-waste program
- Energy-efficient programs
Be Financially Well
- Employee referral program
- Climbr personal financial management tool
- Summit retirement plan
- FoolProof financial education
- Money Savvy financial education
Be Emotionally Well
- Meditation rooms
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We believe in giving back
As a cooperative financial institution, being an active member of our community is built into Summit’s DNA. We encourage Summit employees to do their part to build a strong and thriving community and we’ve created active partnerships with a diverse and inclusive range of local organizations to make it easy to do just that. Volunteer with one of our partners and you’ll get that good warm feeling that service provides - plus paid volunteer hours!
Summit isn’t just a place to work – it’s a place to thrive.
At the core of our culture is the belief that given the opportunity, motivated people will make the most of their careers and contribute to the success of their organization. At Summit we create those opportunities by offering professional training and development classes and nurturing an environment where growth and internal promotion are encouraged and supported.
Summit was the proud recipient of the 2018 BEST Award from the Association for Talent Development, an international award for enterprise-wide success recognizing our dedication to employee development. Summit was also named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Madison Magazine in the category of companies with 101+ employees.
Nearly 60% of our open positions are filled with internal candidates!
“We are better and stronger when we hire, seek, share and encourage diverse perspectives from diverse people.”- Kim Sponem, Summit Credit Union CEO & President
At Summit we believe that different makes us better.
We encourage people to be authentic, share ideas and use their talents - in short, to bring their full, best self to work every day.
Summit works hard to:
- Hear every voice.
- Acknowledge, check & overcome our biases.
- Lead by example.
- Engage each other in ways that honor and respect our individual and collective humanity.
- Treat one another with kindness.
We provide equal access to employment opportunity. We value diversity. And we live that commitment every day.
Employee Resource Groups
Although we describe these as “employee” groups, we hope the efforts of our staff will fuel a sense of inclusion and support that goes beyond our walls. The following groups are currently active at Summit:
- SUMMIT PRIDE AND INCLUDSION NETWORK (SPIN) - SPIN is a resource for Summit employees to engage, collaborate, and celebrate the LGBTQ community. SPIN educates employees on LGBTQ issues and strives to help all employees understand how Summit creates and supports an inclusive workplace. And SPIN’s efforts go beyond our employees: The SPIN team is a common presence at local community and school LGTBQ events.
- SUMMIT EMPLOYEE EMPOWERING DIVERSITY (SEED) - SEED’s top priority is to create a platform where everyone can be heard regardless of their race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. SEED leverages the diverse experiences of Summit employees and members to create a sense of belonging and empowerment. And SEED plays a powerful role in creating leaders of tomorrow through professional development, cultural awareness and knowledge sharing.
- SUMMIT SUSTAINABILITY CHAMPIONS (SSC) - At Summit, running our business in a sustainable, earth-friendly way isn’t something that’s “nice” to do - it’s something that speaks to the very heart of our commitment to our members and our community. Our SSC group helps create well-being for all.
We’re always looking for better ways to nurture a sense of inclusion and community. Have a comment or suggestion? We’d love to hear from you.
new Cottage Grove Branch & Summit Credit Union headquarters
at 1709 Landmark Drive in Cottage Grove
Want a virtual sneak peek? You’ve got it!
We’re absolutely thrilled with our new headquarters! Take a look and we think you’ll see why.
(But don’t pass up the chance to see it in person – it’s pretty amazing!)
Super cool features to inspire your best financial future
When we sat down to design our building, we wanted to do two things: Design a great place for our employees to work and create a place that inspired our members to own their best financial future.
There are too many features and resources to go into here – you really DO want to experience our headquarters in person! – but here a few community-focused resources to start:
- Dreams brought to life. Get inspired about a cabin on a lake, your wedding day, and your best financial future in our inspiration branch.
- Expanded services. Our new building brings together employees from five locations.
- Inspiration Hall. The auditorium where we’ll host education events.
- On-site electric vehicle charging. “Refuel” while you bank!
- Member and community education. Knowledge is power. Summit works hard to create and share financial education tools that can help our members and the larger community own their best financial future.
- Plus, Bucky! Meet Lucky Bucky (who's covered in 11,759 very lucky pennies) in its new home!
Our Cottage Grove headquarters has applied for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver Certification. It’s loaded with earth-friendly features, both inside and out including:
- Prairie landscaping. This natural approach requires little maintenance and minimal watering.
- Green flooring. Earth-friendly materials and an access flooring design improve air quality and energy efficiency.
- Natural and energy-efficient lighting. Saves energy and reduces light pollution too.
- A rainwater harvest system. Lets us capture and reuse rain water for irrigation.
- Reflective white roof. Saves energy and cuts our summer AC bill.
- Electric vehicle charging. Both employees and members can “refuel” right in our parking lot.
We value our employees and work hard to create a positive work environment. Check out some of the cool, employee-focused features of our new home:
- Collaborative spaces. We appreciate the power of brainstorming and collaboration! And our new headquarters offers great spaces to make it happen.
- Be Well Café. Our on-site cafeteria offers loads of delicious, healthy – and affordable! – choices.
- Fitness center. On-site classes and equipment make it easy to work out in every kind of weather (a priority in Wisconsin!)
- Outdoor fitness. Enjoy exercise with a bit of fresh air with an outdoor bike path, walking trail and volleyball court.
- Fun zones (Beach, Sports and Zen). Perfect for a recharge or a collaborative session with co-workers. Check them out!
Does Summit Sound Like What You're Looking for?
Check out our current openings. Don’t see anything that matches up with your interests and skills? Feel free to connect anyway. We’re always excited to hear from people who share our passion for building careers and communities.
Summit is an innovative and expanding financial institution offering exciting growth and involvement opportunities to individuals who strive to learn, are excited to take on new challenges and who wholeheartedly embrace our mission to improve the financial lives of our members and help them achieve their goals. Together we can dream big, do more for our community and our members and have fun while we’re at it. At Summit you truly are a part of something BIGGER! Experience the Summit difference.
Improve members’ financial lives to help them reach their dreams.
Connect people and inspire action to create member and community wealth.
Company Perks - More than Pay
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, an employee experience package and award-winning opportunities to learn and grow your career. Come be part of something bigger!
Our Culture, Our Values
- Connect, engage and create impact
- Be fun, curious and celebrate
- Work together with commitment and integrity
At Summit Credit Union, we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusion is critical to our success as a credit union. Different makes us better. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Apply online.
- A member of our recruiting team will review your application and let you know if you will be moving forward with the process.
- Applicants we’d like to get to know further are invited to participate in the interview process, starting with a phone screen.