Project Teen Money is a unique challenge to help young adults achieve financial success – not just the participants, but also the peers who learn from them. Up to 10 students from Madison's East, La Follette, Memorial and West high schools will be selected to compete for top scholarships.
How does Project Teen Money work?
- Applicants submit a short video (between 30 seconds and 2 minutes) addressing this question: "What are three things you do when you receive money?" Explain your money management tips to your peers!
- Using points-based scoring criteria, we choose video finalists and feature them on our website.
- The public – including you! – votes for their favorite.
- Scholarships are awarded to winners in the following amounts:
- Grand prize winner: $3,000
- Second place: $2,000
- Third place: $1,000
- Fourth & Fifth place: $750
- All remaining runners-up: $500 (yes, all video finalists get a scholarship!)